Monday, September 18, 2023

Dipping my toe into the 3D printed merchandise market

A variety of 3D printed items, including articulated dragons in copper filament, dragons in rainbow filament, and a dragon sleeping on a pile of books dice box in rainbow filament.

 

In case you haven't noticed, last week I started using my Ko-fi store, in preparation for my upcoming web store, and to start getting some money coming in to help fund things like the Bambu I just got, pay off the Neptune 3 Max, and keep myself in filament.

I'm still working on learning to make my own 3D files, so I'm leaning heavily on items I'm "authorized" to sell, either because of how they're licensed on sites like Printables or Thingiverse, or because I'm on the "merchant" level of a designer's Patreon. Some of those Patreons include:

In addition to those, UnimatrixRed on Printables has most of his prop replicas from Star Trek and Star Wars up for commercial licenses, and some of the other files I've purchased over the past few years are licensed, as well.

As I'm getting started, there are going to be a lot of articulated critters, as well as dice boxes and towers. In late fall/early winter, I'm planning on moving all of this over to Wordpress, with a shop as part of the blog. At that time, I'll be able to talk to people about printing things like helmets or full suits of armor.

In the meantime, if you would like to check out my Ko-fi Shop and maybe throw some coin my way, it would be greatly appreciated.

Now to stop my rambling, load up some filament, and switch from articulated dragons to articulated adorable reptiles.

Take good care of yourselves, and each other!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment