Wednesday, January 24, 2024

#WIPWednesday, January 24th, 2024

A picture of a book shelf with a bunch of Flux games on the top shelf, then a white and orange cat on the shelf below it, and a grey and white cat on the bottom shelf.
Click on photo for
full album.

So, here I sit. It's 10:09 AM the day this blog post is "due." I guess I could just make a social media post, because nothing I've been working on involves blasters or replica firearms or anything like that, but I've just gotten into the habit of writing again, so I want to get this out there. 

Part of the reason I haven't had the time to write is because, in all honesty, I've been working on projects. The weekends have been devoted to post-holiday cleaning and reorganization, and most weeknights when I get off of work, I've been at the workbench figuring out how to put together lightsabers by Big Fred's Customs and UnimatrixPro. 


On the lightsaber front, I currently have four complete for the "Cheap, fast, and good. Pick two." portion of my Props for Cosplay talk in May, with two more that will probably wrap up this evening. So far, I've completed Obi-Wan Kenobi sabers from The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith, a Yoda saber from Attack of the Clones, and a Qui-Gon Jinn saber from The Phantom Menace. Hopefully, after some forgotten parts come off the Bambu P1P this afternoon, I'll also be able to wrap up the Anakin Revenge of the Sith saber and the Mace Windu saber. This will leave me with half of a Darth Maul saber to build, and a Count Dooku saber that I haven't even started because that f****r is intimidating.

Over the weekend, I got the burr up my a** to print a BD-1 droid from the Jedi: Fallen Order video game. I blame people on Instagram for this, because I've only put in three hours on the dang game. Either way, over the weekend I printed all the parts from Fine_Engineer's files on Thingiverse before remembering I have the Mr. Baddeley files from when I was on his Patreon to gather information for R5-D4, so depending on how I feel after making the completely static first version, I might go ahead and print one with servos to really test myself.

The only other thing I've really been working on is dice boxes in the shape of original series communicators for Star Trek Adventures. Somebody in the Facebook group posted the link to their Printables page after they made them for their gaming group, and I needed to grab them. I'm hoping to get a Star Trek Adventures game going in 2024, and I think a set of dice in a communicator is a nice way to say "Welcome to the crew."

Okay, it's now 10:37 AM and I think I've given a decent rundown of what works are in progress. Don't forget to check out the Google Photos folder that shows some of this past week's projects. 

Remember to be excellent to yourselves, and each other. The world kinda sucks out there, so try not to make it suck even more. In fact, if you can, try to make it suck a little less.

Until next Wednesday,
Tony






No comments:

Post a Comment