Wednesday, February 28, 2024

#WIPWednesday - February 28th, 2024

 

Plastic shelving stacked full of plastic shoe boxes, each with a different prop kit in them.

It's been a month, y'all. For the shortest month of the year, it's felt like the longest, and yet I feel like I have gotten nothing done.

On the one hand, I have a decent amount of products for Troxell's Trading Post, including a few replica prop kits. Plus, I've been actively working to see if any local comic or game shops would be interested in carrying some of my work, even on consignment. I'm hoping to have some good news on that in the next few weeks. However, that's not the normal work I like to talk about for Work in Progress Wednesday. The thing is? I haven't done too much hobby work this month. That is changing, though, as of last night.

See, next Saturday, March 9th, is the 3D Printing Expo at the Carmel Clay Public Library in Carmel, Indiana. I will be there, with other 3D printing enthusiasts, showing the printer I use and what I make with it. I've got lightsabers, phasers, and a couple blaster pistols, but I want something new. I was hoping to get BD-1 done by then, but I really don't think I can finish in time. Every time I go down to the workshop, I've got three projects I'm bouncing between at any given time, and I need to focus.

Starting last night, I got back to work on Aragorn's Elven Hunting knife from Lord of the Rings. It is going to be the first piece I focus on finishing, at least to the point of paint. Up next will be the Star Trek original series communicator, followed by the Mandalorian's pistol, and the Fallout laser pistol. After that? Well, if you look in the album for today's post, you can see I have plenty to work on.

The goal is NOT to get all of these done in time for the Carmel show. Instead, the goal is to get maybe one or two of these done in time for the Carmel show, and then have more done in time for my Making Props for Cosplay talk at the Anderson Public Library on May 4th. After that, the goal is to just keep getting stuff done, because my hands and joints aren't getting any younger, and I have stuff I want to get built.

I know that's not much for this week, but it's all I've got. Dipshittery coming out of Indiana appeals courts and the State House has really taken the wind out of my sails, and has reminded me why I'm no longer an advocate for Indiana. So, please remember friends, that the world REALLY sucks out there. Try not to make it suck even more. In fact, if you can? Try to make it suck a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment