Wednesday, March 27, 2024

#WIPWednesday - March 27th, 2024

3d printed parts to a Fallout laser pistol, laid out on a table, covered with orangish red body filler

 Hey there, everyone. It's time for a quick Work in Progress Wednesday post.

This past week, I was able to get some stuff moved around the workshop, and then spend Saturday, most of Sunday, and Monday evening working on a Fallout Laser Pistol. I got all the parts organized, sanded with 80, 110, and 220 grit sandpaper, and then covered with the Bondo glazing putty and acetone slurry. Most of the parts are ready for more sanding, but I need to use some actual Bondo body filler on some really rough bits on this. My goal is to get this done in time for the Fallout premiere on Amazon, but we'll see. If I can get it done, next up is... I dunno, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I'm finally starting to get focused on getting things around for the talk I'm doing in May, though I really don't have THAT much I NEED to build. I have a good amount of visual aids as it is, and I can easily fill the hour I have (before Q&A) talking about the different ways you can make props. I'll touch on all that a bit more in a few weeks, and let you all know when I do my practice run on Twitch.

Sadly, this weekend I won't be getting much work done. It's Who's Yer Con weekend in Indianapolis, and my job is a sponsor and running a table, which means I'll be helping run a table this weekend. Who's Yer Con is a small gaming convention, and I'm wrapping up printing a ton of "Time Out" dice punishment chairs using filament in my company's colors to give away for something like newsletter subscriptions. Once that is done, I'll go back to printing inventory for Troxell's Trading Post website and display case at Comic Carnival.

Looking ahead into April, other than preparing for the talk, my focus is going to be printing products for TTP, getting some old printers sold, getting an A1 Mini, and fixing up my Nepturn 3 Max so I can start doing some commissions I've had sitting on a waiting list. Then, after the talk, I'm wrapping up the final pieces of the Bo Katan commission I started two years ago (thank you for your patience, Luna!) before rolling into getting my Ghostbuster gear together in anticipation for Halloween and the eventual arrival of my Ghost Trap from HasLab. Yeah, there's also a PKE Meter, but I have one of the Matty Collector ones already, and since my goal is to replicate Ray's gear from the original film, I don't need one. I DO have the goggles printed, and the walkie-talkie, and I've reprinted parts of the proton pack, though I still need to finish it. Unless I see something I NEED to make pop up soon, then I'm holding off printing more for myself because I've just got so much. I mean, off the top of my head...

  • VOY Phaser Rifle
  • Picard Phaser Rifle
  • FC Phaser Rifle
  • Disco Phaser Rifle
  • E-11 Stormtrooper Blaster
  • E-22 Shoretrooper Blaster Rifle
  • Aliens Pulse Rifle
  • Rocketeer Helmet
  • Rocketeer Jet Pack
And that's not even looking at my boxes in the basement. I should also throw in the Jedi Training A-Wing helmet from Rise of Skywalker and a BSG pistol for Lizz. In fact, I should bump those closer to the top of the list!

Anyway, that's a good block of words today. Remember to check out the photo gallery for today's post in this Photos folder. As always remember, if you like what I'm doing, you can find ways to support me through Amazon, Ko-fi, or even my mailing list by visiting TonyTroxell.info and checking out my links. Website coming soon.

Until next week, remember that the world sucks out there. Do what you can to not make it suck even more. In fact, if you can, try to make it suck a little less. Take good care of yourselves, and each other, my friends.

Tony Troxell
March 27th, 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment