Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Wednesday Update, October 9th, 2024

Happy Wednesday, everybody! It's starting to look like the blog is indeed back, what with having two weekly posts in a row! We just got back yesterday from Ohio, but I was able to bring a tablet with me to read over the Star Trek Adventures 2nd Edition PDF. I realized that as it's nice out in the afternoon and everyone is dozing, I could just bring this to the picnic table by the bus, and start writing. So here we are, writing a blog post, my first Troxell Builds email newsletter, and starting my GB Gear plan post. But first, what were we doing in Ohio?


Kat's fall break started this past Friday. After realizing we wouldn't be able to join the family in Tennessee due to his fall break not syncing with his nephew's, we decided we'd instead hit the Ohio Renaissance Festival. Plus, we figured if we're in the area anyway, let's go ahead and check out Jungle Jim's and the Cincinnati Zoo. To save about $400 on hotel fees, we brought Knox the Bus and the Cardis with us, along with a large tent and canopy. Our “hotel” from Friday night until Tuesday morning was the Caeser Creek State Park campground, which was only about ten minutes away from the Ren Fest. I'm not going to go into too many details, but the family had a good time overall and wants to do at least the Ren Fest again.


Jumping over to Troxell's Trading Post, it has been in vacation mode while we were gone, and it just got fired back up today. I've got about a dozen new products to add, and I'm planning on getting at least one a day thrown up. I'm holding a “Back from Vacation Sale” to celebrate through Sunday, so if there is something you've had your eye on, this is the time to get 20% off pretty much everything, no code required. So go, grab those Screaming Opossum Earrings while they're still available.


I know I showed off some Ghostbusters gear last week, and it's still VERY much on my “to-do” list moving forward. I've just, you know, been in Ohio, as well as prepping for the Ohio trip, and now catching up after the Ohio trip, as well as starting final prep for VoltCon at the end of the month, and the Artisians and Authors Fair in Anderson next month. However, like I said, I've got another blog post I'm working on that'll come out, maybe Friday? In that post, I'm going to lay out what I've got, what I'm working on, and most importantly, what I'm hoping to accomplish with it. In the meantime, keep an eye on my Instagram and BlueSky feeds, because that's where I post most of my updates.


Finally, I'm back to streaming! Talking and Tea with Tired Tony on Twitch happens every Monday and Wednesday morning, and I'll sip on some tea while talking with folks in the chat while cleaning up the town in PowerWash Simulator. Feel free to join in from 9-10 AM EDT every Monday, and 8:30 to 10 AM every Wednesday.


With that, I'm going to leave you all with vacation pictures in this week's photo album, along with some teasers of items going up on the Trading Post, and what I'm working on next. In the meantime, please remember the world kinda sucks right now. Try to avoid making it worse and, if you can, see if you can make it better.


Be excellent to each other, and I'll see you next week.

Tony


No comments:

Post a Comment